Coffee tables are one of the most versatile furniture pieces in any family or living room. They can hold drinks and remote controls but can be the perfect piece to complete your aesthetic. With a wide range of uses, it can feel overwhelming to find the right coffee table. Carters Furniture has created this coffee table buying guide to help you find the right coffee table for your Worcestershire home. Our goal is to provide you with all the information you need to make an informed decision. This guide will cover the essentials, such as finding the right size, style, and materials, while keeping your budget in mind. If you’re ready to learn more, keep reading, and don’t hesitate to stop by our showroom to see your new coffee table in person. We look forward to seeing you.
How to Choose the Right Coffee Table
More often than not, coffee tables are the focal piece that ties a space together. Coffee tables draw attention as guests sit around your living or family room. We understand finding the right piece for your aesthetic while remaining functional is difficult. You have to determine if you want your new table to pop or seamlessly fit into your space while complementing your overall aesthetic. Further, there are several different styles, colours, and materials. It’s hard to understate the importance of a great coffee table. They can make any space stand out while remaining functional. Choosing the right coffee table comes down to determining what look you’re going for in each space and establishing what you want from your coffee table. Our coffee table buying guide will walk you through multiple factors you should consider, allowing you to feel confident about your choice.
Find the Right Material for Your Home
The material and finish you choose significantly impact the look and feel of your new table in your space. For example, a metal coffee table is ideal if you’re looking for a more industrial aesthetic. When choosing a metal coffee table, it’s important to consider the metal used. Brass and chrome create a classic or traditional feel, but black powder polish on metal creates a more industrial look. What material you want should be the first choice as it offers the most variety and can help you set your expectations and budget. Certain materials contain certain qualities that may or may not fit your lifestyle. Take a look at some of the most popular materials and their features, including
- Wood – Wood is the most popular and common material. It’s highly durable and easily adapted to fit almost any style. Further, wood is available in a wide range of colours and stains, making it a joy to work with. One potential drawback of wood coffee tables is the maintenance required. It’s necessary to clean and polish your table regularly to keep it free of stains and watermarks.
- Glass – If you want a sleek and modern look, glass coffee tables are perfect. The glass helps a smaller living room feel more spacious and is a minimalist dream. They’re available in a wide range of shapes, including round, oval, and rectangular. Unlike wood, glass is easy to maintain without the worry of spills staining the surface. However, it is a fragile material, meaning if you have a busy household, pets, or children, a glass coffee table may not be the best choice.
- Stone – Stone like marble, slate, and granite look stunning when used for a coffee table. They can bring a beautiful contrast to spaces with wood flooring or muted coloured carpets. The different types of stone available each bring their sense of personality, and the choices feel endless. No two stone coffee tables will look the same. It’s important to note that stone is susceptible to scratches and watermarks. Your new stone coffee table will require careful maintenance to remain stunning.
- Metal – No doubt, metal coffee tables are extremely versatile and durable. They remain stylish for years. Metal coffee tables are great if you’re looking for a modern or industrial look, as they’re available in brushed, polished, or painted finishes. When looking at metal coffee tables, find a good quality metal to ensure it’s built to last.
- Acrylic – If you’re a homeowner who likes to constantly change your spaces’ layout, then an acrylic coffee table is for you. This lightweight, durable option can be easily cleaned and maintained. The sleek look easily fits into almost any aesthetic.
Discover the Different Types of Coffee Tables
After deciding on which material you want, it’s time to focus on the type and style of your new coffee table. It’s important to choose whether your new table will complement your style or be something that stands out. Beyond that, are you looking for a more rustic or modern look? Regardless of your choice, Carters Furniture has the selection to find what you need. Here is a closer look at some of the most popular styles of coffee tables
- Traditional – The traditional style is full of circular coffee tables with beautiful angles that look timeless and modern at the same time. Each table is designed to complement your couches or accent chairs.
- Modern – A modern-styled coffee table is perfect if you want to make a statement. Each design features sleek edges and clean lines. It’s common to find exciting elements like angular shapes within the table.
- Industrial – This style focuses on raw, rustic wood with metal accents. The industrial look is centred around simple and straight designs.
- Rustic – The rustic style combines natural, earthy tones and textures seamlessly. This creates a warm and cosy ambience. Coffee tables with this style commonly feature distressed wood or aged metal to create a sense of warmth.
Focus on the Size and Function
A new coffee table can elevate the feel and functionality of any space in your home. In order to get the right feel for your space, it’s vital to consider measurements. You don’t want to get a too-large coffee table, and you want to avoid one that’s not large enough to be functional. While there is a generally accepted traditional coffee table size, it’s best to measure the existing space. Every home is unique, and you’ll want a table to complement that. Consider the table’s height, width, and depth to maximise form and function. Also, your new coffee table is more than a convenient place to put your morning coffee. Coffee tables offer convenient storage, display areas, and more. Modern coffee tables offer unrivalled versatility, allowing you to have one piece of furniture for almost any style or look.
Tips on How to Decorate Your Coffee Table
Now that you better understand the types and styles available, it’s time to start thinking about how to dress up your coffee table. Our seasoned designers have pulled together some simple but impactful design set-ups. If you have any questions, don’t hesitate to reach out to speak to our design team to discuss how to best use your coffee table. Here are our tips on how to decorate your coffee table
- Tall Decorative Objects – Including something with height is a great way to add texture to any surface. We recommend not going too tall, but a little height is a simple way to add character. Items like candle sticks, vases, or even lanterns can make a statement.
- Unusual Objects – Adding something unique or quirky is a great way to draw attention while opening conversations. Think of these pieces as a focal point drawing your guests in.
- Fresh Flowers – When you add a vase of fresh flowers, you add a sense of life and zest to your space. This helps brighten up the room.
- Books and Odd Numbers – Books are fantastic decorative pieces that help elevate any table. We recommend working with the number three. For designers, the number three is truly magic. It creates a sense of unity while being a focal point.
Where to Find Top Brands
If you’re looking to find one of the top brands for your coffee table, look no further than Carters Furniture. We carry leading brands such as Bently Designs, Clemence, Richard, Ercol, Stressless, and Vida Living. These brands are known for creating high-quality products while pushing design boundaries. When looking at brands, it’s important to remember coffee table prices may vary. The price is determined by factors including size, material, and quality. Due to how often your table will get used, we recommend investing in a high-quality coffee table to ensure longevity. To better protect your investment, here are our tips on how to best maintain your coffee table
- Use a Soft Cloth to Clean and Dust Weekly
- Depending on the Material, You May Need to Apply a Polish Once a Month
- Avoid Placing Hot Items on the Table Surface
- Always Use a Coaster with Beverages
Visit Our Showroom Today
As you can see, finding the right coffee table can elevate any living space. Not only are they functional, but they can be the ultimate decorative item that can seamlessly tie any room together. Whether you’re looking for a traditional wooden design or something more modern, you can be confident knowing Carters Furniture has what you’re looking for. Each of our coffee tables is a functional and stylish investment that ensures your home is stunning. We hope this guide has given you the confidence to find the right coffee table for your home. If you’re ready, we encourage you to visit our showroom to see our stunning collection of coffee tables for yourself. Don’t hesitate to visit or reach out to learn more about our offer.